Privacy and cookies
This privacy and cookie statement applies to the processing of data by Team Oranje B.V. and its subsidiaries Blanco Pro Cycling Team BV and The Speed Skating BV, operating under the name of Team Jumbo-Visma (hereafter: 'Team Jumbo-Visma'). The organisation responsible for the processing of the personal data (‘controller’) is Team Oranje B.V., ‘s-Hertogenbosch, which is registered on the commercial register of the Chamber of Commerce Amsterdam under number 61598445.
Once you have accepted the cookie notification, you can adjust the preferences here.
In this privacy and cookie statement, we, Team Jumbo-Visma, wish to establish clarity for you about how we process your data, how we can collect personal data and which personal data we can collect and the purposes for which we can use the data. Examples include data collected during visits to our website/mobile website or during purchases of one of the products and/or services that Team Jumbo-Visma supplies, or information we collect when you use our apps, webshops and other services such as online promotional campaigns, events, special offers, competitions and possible loyalty programmes. In addition, you can read how you can access the personal data that we process relating to you, how you can rectify or delete those data, how you can request restrictions on processing, how you can exercise your right of data portability, how you can object to data transfers and who are the possible recipients of these data.
Processing by Team Jumbo-Visma
If you have accepted this privacy and cookie statement on a Team Jumbo-Visma platform, that permission also applies to multiple Team Jumbo-Visma platforms (domains). The Team Jumbo-Visma websites to which domain permission applies are:
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- Instagram page
- A range of new and existing apps from the aforementioned websites
- Other social media channels from the aforementioned websites
Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for processing by Team Jumbo-Visma depends on the purposes of the processing. The legal basis relating to most of the personal data we collect is that processing is required to further our legitimate interests.
The legal basis relating to most of the personal data collected through our platform is that processing is required in the context of the legitimate business interests of Team Jumbo-Visma. We have carefully considered our legitimate business interests in the light of your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms. Our 'legitimate interests' include the following. On the basis of the insights we obtain from the processing, we continuously improve our products and services, for example by tailoring them better to your needs. We also do this for commercial reasons (to establish a clearer picture of the products and services you as a user are interested in) and to use the online space available to us in the best possible way in the context of our partnerships with advertisers/sponsor partners.At all times, we monitor the campaigns conducted by our partners and how they wish to advertise in view of the objectives described below. In addition, our legitimate interests relate to the selection of relevant communications and offers for all occasions upon which you may enter into contact with Team Jumbo-Visma, promoting Team Jumbo-Visma and its products and services, and improving your experience when you visit Team Jumbo-Visma (or its platforms) or contact us.
If Team Jumbo-Visma processes personal data pursuant to an actual or possible agreement with you, the legal basis is that processing is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you, or to perform actions at your request before an agreement is established. If you do not provide the personal information we ask you to give in these cases, we may not be able to deliver certain products or services to you.
If your consent is the legal basis for the processing, as in the case of a subscription to a newsletter, for example, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time. However, this does not affect the legality of the processing by Team Jumbo-Visma prior to that consent being withdrawn.
We will share personal data with regulatory authorities or investigation services if we are legally obliged to do so. Legislation covering us may oblige us to provide information that we have about you to regulatory authorities, investigation services or other government agencies. Where this is the case, we shall inform you accordingly unless we are not permitted to do so on the basis of the applicable legislation.
Personal data that we process
An overview is given below of the personal data that we process:
- First name
- Family name
- Date of birth
- Data about surfing patterns on this website
- Internet browser and device type
- Concrete interests relating to speed skating and/or cycling
Types of data
When offering products and services we may process data/personal data of customers and visitors/users of our websites/mobile websites, apps, web shops and other services such as online promotional campaigns, events, special offers, competitions and possible loyalty programmes. The data/personal data we may process, and whether we do so, may vary depending on the specific product and/or service.
We may collect data/personal data in several ways:
- Collection/delivery of products/services: this involves the processing of personal data that you yourself have provided to us, such as first name, family name, address, country, telephone number, sex, age (for the purposes of the delivery), date of birth (for the purpose of targeted purchasing of advertising space as described below and/or for the purposes of providing a discount on your birthday), financial data (for payment purposes), and the knowledge that you, as a customer, have made use of that specific product/service (in which you are therefore apparently interested);
- Creating an account on a website/mobile website or in an app. This involves the processing of the personal data that you provide to us yourself when creating the account or to which you have given us access (for example when using a social login), such as your email address, first and/or family name, address and user name;
- Requesting products/services through our websites/mobile websites and apps (subscribing to an email newsletter, for example); This involves providing information that you have given to us yourself through the website, such as your email address;
- Use of our websites/mobile websites and apps; This involves processing information about your use of these websites/mobile websites and apps, such as the pages and websites in our network that you have visited, the advertisements that were displayed and the advertisements you clicked on. We can use that information to establish your possible interests. On the basis of these data, we draw up a profile so that we can (i) provide you with better services and tailor these products and services (such as the website and products/services offered) more closely to your interests and (ii) allocate you to a segment as described below for the purposes of the targeted purchase of online advertising space, without the advertiser itself receiving the data;
- Your use of our apps; This involves processing data/personal data that you have entered via the app yourself, or information that you have provided us with (such as location data).
These data therefore range from personal data - such as first name, family name, email address, address, country, telephone number (data that can be used to identify you directly) - to information that may be related to you but cannot be used to identify you directly or indirectly. This privacy and cookie statement addresses the way we handle all these data.
There is no obligation to provide personal data
You are not obliged to disclose your personal data when you purchase a product or service from us. You can always decide yourself whether you want to enter your personal data or not. However, the useof a number of our products and services depends on personal data being entered.
Exchanges of data within the Team Jumbo-Visma organisation and its subsidiaries and sharing data/personal data with third parties
We may exchange personal data processed by us with the subsidiaries referred to at the beginning of this privacy and cookie statement and combine them with data processed by these subsidiaries. The personal data can also be processed separately by each of the subsidiaries. If you object to this, you can inform us accordingly by sending an email to email@example.com.
Team Jumbo-Visma will not sell your personal data to third parties and will supply them only if this is necessary for the execution of an agreement with you, to comply with a legal obligation or in the context of legal proceedings. In special cases, we may make personal information available to third parties without your permission. Special cases include, for example, legitimate requests from authorities, subpoenas or court orders, steps to detect or prevent damage or fraud, or measures to safeguard the security of our network and our services.
We conclude data processing contracts with companies that process your data on our behalf in order to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality for your data. These are online sports marketing agencies and a customer data platform. We monitor compliance with these contracts. These processors are not entitled to use these data for their own purposes.
Team Jumbo-Visma remains responsible for these processing operations.
For the targeted purchase of online advertising space, we can offer third parties (advertisers) the option of using the segments to which we have allocated visitors (based on personal data collected by us). For example, an advertiser may state that his advertisement should only be shown to men in the 20-34 age group. This allows the advertiser to advertise in a targeted way without actually receiving the data himself. Advertisers can use this option on our website but also on other platforms as described above.
Finally, we can share certain anonymised data with third parties such as the number of users who have clicked on a specific advertisement or link. You cannot be identified on the basis of these data.
This website contains links and content from Velon because Team Jumbo-Visma is a member of Velon: a joint venture of professional cycling teams. Because of this membership, we share information on the content that you access and your use of interactive elements with Velon. By accepting cookies on this website, you give us permission to share your personal data with Velon for the creation of joint group profiles.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites that are not covered by this privacy and cookie statement. N.B. We are not responsible for other websites and their content. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of every website you visit.
The purposes for which we process personal data
Team Jumbo-Visma processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Analysing your surfing behaviour on the website to improve your user experience when visiting our website and to tailor the content of the website better to your personal interests;
- Improving our productsand services, for example by tailoring them better to your needs;
- Providing information about our services and products, and changes to them, for example in a service message;
- To send you a newsletter, offer, user information or other electronic message based on an opt-in or confirmed registration;
- The best possible use of the online space available to us in the context of our partnerships with advertisers/sponsor partners;
- Selecting relevant communicationsand offers;
- To comply with the legislation and regulations that apply to us and to manage disputes and have checks carried out;
- To conduct market research and to compile management information for the purposes of product and/or service development and to determine the strategy/general strategy;
- In order to promote cycling and its events.
For the latter we will share your personal data with Velon in order for them to:
- Analyze the behavior of website visitors;
- Provide website visitors with better service and support;
- Provide website visitors with relevant offers, campaigns and general advertisements in order to promote cycling and its events;
- Click here for more information on how Velon handles your personal data.
In this context, not all data are always processed for the same purposes but they are always processed for one of the purposes described above.
In principle, we will store your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above or to comply with the statutory storage obligations.
Team Jumbo-Visma uses the data in any case as long as you use the service and, if there is no activity, also for a period of three years after activity ceases. Team Jumbo-Visma does this to make it easy for you to resume using the service when you reactivate it. An exception will be made to this general rule if the law requires Team Jumbo-Visma to retain certain data for a longer period.
Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. Team Jumbo-Visma uses functional, analytical and tracking cookies.
The analytical cookies that we use for this purpose are:
- BlueConic Plugin (This plugin makes it possible to collect information about the website visitor and the actual visit. You can find more information about Blueconic on the BlueConic site);
In addition to the above cookies, we use the following advertising cookies to improve the online range of advertising and to establish a picture of our campaigning performance:
- ScoreCard research (analytical pixel used for research);
- Facebook pixel (tracking pixel used for re-targeting in Facebook).
Would you like more information about these cookies that other parties place from the websites or apps of Team Jumbo-Visma and about how, and for what purposes, these cookies are used? Read the privacy and cookie statements of these parties on their websites and/or apps.
A visitor to the websites and/or apps who no longer wishes to receive cookies should change these settings in all browsers and on all devices that are used. If cookies are refused and/or removed, you may not be able to use the full service.
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You are also entitled to request restrictions on the processing of your data or to object to the processing of your personal data by Team Jumbo-Visma. Furthermore, you are entitled to data portability, which means that you may submit a request to us to send the personal data relating to you that we have at our disposal to you or another person (an organisation designated by you) in a computer file.
You can send a request for access to, correction, deletion, or the transfer of your personal data or a request for the withdrawal of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to verify that the request for access has been submitted by you, you should enclose a copy of your identity document with the request. You should black out your passport photo, the MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), signature, passport number and, where appropriate, public service number (BSN) in this copy in order to protect your privacy.
We respond as quickly as possible, but as a rule within one month, to your requestbut we have the right to extend this period by two months. If we do so, we will inform you accordingly within one month after your request.
The rights listed above are not absolute. We describe your rights in more detail below and provide you with information about how you can exercise your rights.
Right of access: You can ask us to confirm whether we process personal data about you. If this is the case, you can ask us for access.
In that case, we will also provide you with the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data relating to you that we process;
- any third parties to whom we have provided your personal data;
- the expected storage period for the data or, if that is not possible, the criteria we use to determine that period;
- your right to request the rectification or deletion of your personal data or to request a processing restriction;
- your right to submit a complaint to the supervising authority;
- if we have not received the personal data from you, all available information about the source of those personal data;
- automated individual decision-making.
Right to rectification: You can ask us to correct your personal data if they are incorrect. With due regard for the purposes of the processing, you can also ask us to add to incomplete personal data.
Right of objection: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. However, you have this right only if we process your personal data on the basis that this is required for our legitimate purposes (see section 'Legal basis for data processing' for more information) [insert hyperlink].
We will comply with your request unless we:
- have compelling legitimate grounds to continue with the processing and these grounds outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms; or
- need the personal data for the purposes of initiating, enforcing or substantiating a legal claim.
Right to object to 'direct marketing': If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object. If you avail yourself of this right, we will stop processing your personal data for this purpose. In that case, you will no longer receive our newsletter.
Right to restrictions of processing: You can ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data. If we comply with your request, we will - apart from storing them - process your personal data only with your consent or for the purposes of initiating, enforcing or substantiating a legal claim, to protect the rights of others, or if there are important reasons relating to the public good of the European Union or a Member State.
We will comply with your request if:
- you dispute the accuracy of the personal data, for the period of time needed to check the accuracy of the data;
- the processing is unlawful and you object to the deletion of the personal data, but instead request restrictions on processing;
- we no longer need the personal data, but you need them to initiate, enforce or substantiate a legal claim;
- you object to the processing of your personal data by us for the time that we need to assess whether we have legitimate grounds for further processing that outweigh your interests.
If we have restricted the processing of your personal data, we will inform you before we lift the restriction.
Right to deletion: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data. This right is not absolute. We are obliged to comply with your request only under certain conditions.
We must delete your personal data if one of the following situations applies:
- your personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which we collected or processed them;
- you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for further processing of the personal data (only applicable if we process your personal data on the basis of permission);
- you object to the processing and we do not have prevailing and compelling legitimate grounds for the processing;
- we have processed your personal data in an unlawful manner; or
- we must delete your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation pursuant to the law of the European Union or Dutch law.
We are not obliged to comply with your request insofar as the processing of your personal data is required to:
- exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a statutory obligation stated in the law of the European Union or Dutch law; or
- to initiate, enforce or substantiate a legal claim.
Right to data portability: You may ask us for a copy of your personal data. You may also ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party if this is possible. You may exercise this last right only if the processing is based on your consent or because it is necessary for the execution of an agreement between you and us, and the processing is implemented using automated procedures.
If we comply with your request, we will provide you with your personal data in a structured, widely-accepted and machine-readable form. If we are of the opinion that complying with your request will impinge on the rights and freedoms of others, we have the right not to comply with your request.
If you have any questions about this document or data processing, you can send them by email to email@example.com.
Right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority
We always strive to respond adequately to your requests and complaints. Furthermore, you always have the right to turn to the Dutch Data Protection Authority with requests and complaints. If you do not live in the Netherlands, you can also call on your local supervisory authority responsible for privacy. The Dutch Data Protection Authority can be found at:
P.O. Box 93374
2509 LP The Hague
+31 (0)900-2001 201
More information about the Dutch Data Protection Authority and privacy can be found on the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority (www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl).
Location of storage of personal data
We keep your personal data on servers that are located in the European Economic Area. Your data will not be stored or processed outside the European Economic Area.
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your data are extremely important to us. Team Jumbo-Visma has implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures designed to protect data against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, distribution, use and modification (such as securing the website with an SSL certificate (Https), data encryption, restricted access to our locations, and limiting the group of employees with access to the data, etc.). If you feel that your data are not properly secured or that there are indications of misuse, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. From time to time, we review our security procedures in the light of the appropriate new technologyand methods. You should be aware that, despite our efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable.
Persons younger than 16 years
Are you under the age of 16? You need permission from your parents to use our products/services. Ask them to read this privacy and cookie statement.
Amendments to privacy and cookie statement
This privacy and cookie statement may be amended. Check this page regularly to see whether changes have been made. If we make substantial changes, we will provide more explicit notification, for example on our websites or by email.
This privacy and cookie statement was last amended on 11/07/2019.